Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 1: EOC: Great Customer Service

 I often became frustrated by the way management would handle what I like to call, "customer situations."  This is merely my term for problems.  Let’s face it; we have all had problems with customer service.  Like the time I brought in a sandwich card (with NO expiration date) at the local franchised sub sandwich store, only to be told, it was worthless and no longer honored.  What did I do? I spoke with the manager, debated the lack of expiration date, and was told, "Sorry, corporate policy." It was obvious, my business was not important to them. So, I walked out and went down the street to the competition, Joe’s subs.I told the staff about my customer service at their competitors and guess what Joe's did? They made my meal "complimentary."
"Marketing, more than any other business function, deals with customers. Although we will soon explore more-detailed definitions of marketing, perhaps the simplest definition is this one: Marketing is managing profitable customer relationships. The twofold goal of marketing is to attract new customers by promising superior value and to keep and grow current customers by delivering satisfaction." (Marketing Creating & Capturing; pg 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment